June 22, 2012

Featured Restaurant: Mellow Mushroom (Decatur)

I was in the mood for some pizza while I was out with my son. We decided to go to Mellow Mushroom for the first time. I haven't been able to find a great pizza spot that served slices since I moved to GA (two years ago). So I walked in and asked if they served slices, and was pleasantly surprised when they said yes. 
Slices are served Monday-Friday from 11am-2pm, so I was happy to hear that they had 2 slices left. (It was around 3:30pm) 
Our server was so nice, and the food was amazing! I was able to get a slice of cheese pizza for my son. And I ordered my slice to have green peppers and pepperoni. With a crust like no other, fresh ingredients, a great zagat rating, and a psychedelic vibe Mellow Mushroom is standing out above the rest.  Here are a few photos from our trip.  

Look how cool the menu is!


My son was really excited! LOL.... can you tell?!?




 They even took the time to cut Sean's slice into little pieces, making it so much easier for him to eat.


Cheese, cheese, and more cheese...

CLICK READ MORE TO SEE THE REST OF THE PHOTOS....












Our server...

The restrooms even looked cool. I love the vintage art that was displayed on the wall.

The restrooms were very clean, and they also smelled REALLY good. Something I am not used to for a public restroom, but it's something I could get used to. :)

When you're in Decatur be sure to stop by:
Mellow Mushroom 
404-370-0008
265 Ponce De Leon Place - Suite Q
Decatur, GA 30030

Here is their review from www.zagat.com:
"While the ’70s-throwback “psychedelic” vibe at this “funky” but “family-friendly” pizza chain gets a “unique” decorative twist at each link, “tasty”, “fairly priced” pies featuring a “wide selection of toppings” and “out-of-this-world crusts” are common to all; “warm”, “laid-back” staffers and impressive draft-beer offerings (highlighting local brews) add to the “festive atmosphere"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...